Our fast-growing Seattle-based accounting and financial consulting firm is about more than debits and credits. Our GAAP-based audit-ready practices help our innovative clients operate responsibly and scale successfully, from day-to-day operational accounting to board meeting preparation, investor-pitch-deck- readiness to M&A. We seek a full-time accounting team member, offer the opportunity to work remotely, and a workplace that is both independent and collaborative, flexible and fulfilling.
- Enjoy variety and a results-orientation
- Bring a professional and positive approach, curiosity and conscientiousness to your work
- Love strategic, holistic business planning and detailed, tactical accounting
- You seek opportunities to advance your career
- You want flexibility and the opportunity to do great work
- You may have owned your own business or worked independently and are looking to join a team
- You may have worked in public accounting and seek a diverse client base
- All of the above
In this role, your client activities include:
- Responsibility for the accuracy of QuickBooks and the financial integrity of the accounting records.
- Responsibility for all monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist HR with employee onboarding and compensation activities, including offer letters, stock option grants, employee benefits, and payroll processing, to ensure accurate accounting entries.
- Coordination of all contractors’ onboarding, payments, and year-end 1099’s.
- Annual Delaware Franchise report filings, if necessary.
- Assisting with customer invoicing and collections.
- Coordination of check runs and online bill payment for vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Assisting with state, local, and payroll tax filings, consultation with CPA firm as needed.
- Assisting with management of key vendors and customers.
- Providing “audit-ready” accounting within a framework of best practices.
- Assisting client with the design of financial systems and processes that will help the company grow and scale.
- Coordination of year-end Federal tax return with CPA firm.
- Assisting with any other financial and administrative needs of the company as a member of your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting software (including QuickBooks Online, Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, Carta)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Five years or more of related experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant Certified Management Accountant designation preferred (though we do not perform CPA activities, it is helpful to have an understanding of the work)
- Experience in public accounting, or work with startups or high-growth businesses, preferred
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program